The AquaPore inline filter is the world’s first biodegradable filter capsule. Having the same special patented additive as all our other landfill biodegradable products, the AquaPore filter is a disposable plastic filter which will biodegrade when discarded to a landfill. It is especially convenient when used with low-flow groundwater sampling but can also easily be used with a bailer, or with a filter flask for surface water filtering. Use the low-cost filter connectors for an easy way to connect to your low-flow discharge line (3/8″ OD).
The AquaPore has a huge internal capacity of 800cm2 allowing it to handle high levels of turbidity.
View Test Results: The AquaPore filter has been lab tested and rinsate verified for 66 trace elements complying with ANZECC recommendations.
- 2 great filters to choose from. The AquaPore 800 or AquaPore 500
- 0.45 micron inline filter in a landfill biodegradable capsule and sealed in a biodegradable vacuum bag
- A 1/2″ (12.7mm) stepped barb inlet with 1/8NTP thread to make it easy to use with low-flow groundwater sampling
- Connect easily to a BioBailer (see ‘Filtering Options’ PDF brochure) with the low cost FCP16 filter connectors, or easily connect to your water discharge line if using low-flow sampling (pic below) by using the FCP12 filter connectors
- Lab tested and rinsate verified for 66 trace elements complying with ANZECC recommendations View PDF report
- Individually vacuum sealed for cleanliness
- Once used and discarded to a landfill the outer shell will biodegrade* (consumed by naturally occurring microorganisms in a landfill)
- Polypropylene shell will biodegrade to plant food / humus in a typical landfill, a responsible way to use disposable plastic products
If you sample groundwater using the low-flow method, filtering has never been easier. Simple connect to your water discharge line using the FCP12 filter connectors. If sampling with a BioBailer use the FCP16 filter connectors.
- Filter medium Polyethersulphone (PES)
- Outer shell Biodegradable polypropylene
- Pore size 0.45um
- Capacity 800cm2 internal surface area for APB800; 500cm2 internal surface area for APB500
- Size 73mm x 125mm
- Connections Inlet: 1/8″NPT thread plus 1/2″(12.7mm) stepped hose barb