BioBailersTM are made from landfill-biodegradable* PVC, and will only start to biodegrade once in a microbe rich environment such as a landfill.
They do not require high oxygen or temperature to biodegrade such as in a commercial compost.
Achieve the same groundwater sampling integrity as non-biodegradable bailers but more responsibly.
- Available in clear PVC
- Lab tested and verified
- Only starts to biodegrade* when discarded in a landfill
- Sealed in biodegradable* packaging for cleanliness
- Comes with a free biodegradable* emptying device
- VOC removal devices available. These enable a smooth laminar flow of sample out of the bailer and into your VOC vials
- Filter directly from a BioBailerTM with the FCP16 Filter Connectors and AquaPore Biodegradable Filter (see pic.3 left)
- Standard BioBailersTM are 38mm diameter for standard 50mm monitoring wells
- Narrow BioBailersTM (19mm) are ideal for small diameter wells
- Hydrocarbon only BiobailerTM makes sampling LNAPL / PSH easy
- Dual Check / Point Source bailers also available
- Other plastic bailers can take up to 500 years to decompose in a landfill**
- BioBailersTM will biodegrade to form humus (plant food). Estimated to take around 5 years in a typical landfill*
*Biodegradation has been verified by independent laboratory using ASTM D5511 for anaerobic landfill conditions.
** Source www.recycling-guide.org.uk/facts
Need to sample LNAPL / PSH?
The easiest and most cost effective way is with the Hydrocarbon only or HC BioBailers.
HC BioBailersTM allow you to collect floating LNAPL / PSH from a well, without collecting water.
The ball valve is denser than LNAPL but lighter than water so it pushes water out of the bailer while keeping the LNAPL. These bailers also have a wider mouth than regular bailers, allowing you to collect more LNAPL with each bail. Like all BiobailersTM they are landfill-biodegradable.