The Heron H.OIL & SM.Oil interface meters are used to measure the thickness of floating or sinking hydrocarbon products (LNAPL, PSH, DNAPL), in groundwater accurately, reliably, safely & economically.The SM.Oil is essentially a smaller, lighter and mini-version of the industry standard H.Oil. Unlike other interface meters, the H.Oil and SM.Oil come with fully submersible probes.
Heron Interface Meter H.Oil & Small Interface MeterProduct ID HT6000C-1
Easy to Operate with Accuracy
The easy to read accurate (ASME standard) heavy duty Kynar® jacketed tape allows you to measure with confidence to 1mm resolution.
Ruggedness and Dependability
For dependable field use, it features an environmentally protected encapsulated circuit for safety and durability on an easily removable modular electronic panel. The field changeable probe makes your job more efficient.
Save Money on Repairs & Replacements
The unique flexible link between tape and probe protects the tape. Should the probe become “hung up” in the well, the link will break, saving the tape by sacrificing the less expensive replaceable probe. In addition, the core of the measuring tape used is high tensile steel with a breaking load over 300Lbs (136kg)- to further protect the instrument.
The modular constructed quick change probe and electronic panel make replacing parts fast and convenient.
Safety over a Wide Range of Gases
The industry leading H.Oil interface meter offers you the highest protection against fire and explosion.
- Certified intrinsically safe to CSA and ANSI/UL standards
- Class 9098-01 for hazardous locations
- Class 9098-81 (USA) for hazardous locations
- Class I groups A, B, C and D
- Detects and measures LNAPL and DNAPL (fully submersible probe)
- Easy to read accurate (ASME Standard) Kynar® jacketed high tensile steel tape with stainless steel and copper conductors- graduation 1/100 ft (1mm)
- Standard tapes are printed beneath the jacketing and the print never wears off
- Slim 5/8 inch (13mm) field replaceable stainless steel probe. Probe has a non removable ¾ inch (19mm) protector fitted as standard. (If 5/8 inch diameter probe is required please specify when ordering.) *
- Unique flexible link between tape and probe provides tape protection at this critical connection
- Provides the ability to measure product layer as thin as 1/200ft (1mm)
- Easily changed single 9v battery (see intrinsic safety label for approved batteries)
- Durable UV resistant nylon tape storage reel with all stainless steel fittings
- Tough polyester coated steel tape storage frame with comfortable ergonomic vinyl grip and “third hand” built in casing hanger that allows the unit to be suspended on the casing while the results are being recorded.
- Probe holder/tape guide included
- Includes tough nylon carry bag
- 5 Year Limited Warranty
HOil and SM.Oil instruments are backed by a 5 year warranty
*1 year warranty on replaceable probe
Small on Size, Big on Features
The SM.Oil is a mini version of the HOil interface meter. It has a smaller reel, and is ideal for a lightweight option where you need to hand carry or hike to get to the well. The SM.Oil may only weigh 1.9kg but it packs a huge amount of function into a small frame. It will measure to 20m below the top of the well, perfect for shallow wells or high water tables. The SM.OIL interface meter measures the thickness of floating (LNAPL) or sinking (DNAPL) layers of hydrocarbon products in the groundwater. Many of these instruments are used in refineries and by oil spill and remediation companies, landfills and site clean-up projects.
There is a three year manufacturer’s warranty on the tape and reel remediation.
|Hoil30||Heron Interface Meter 30m with bag|
|Hoil60||Heron Interface Meter 60m with bag|
|HSm.OIL||Heron Mini Interface meter, 20m tape, in bag|
|HoilProbe||Replacement Probe for Heron Interface Meters|
We ship all our products with recycable and biodegradable materials.
We ship all our products with recyclable and landfill-biodegradable materials.
We use newspaper as filler and recycled cardboard boxes where possible to replace non-recyclable material.