BioLinersTM are made from biodegradable* PVC, and will only start to biodegrade once in a microbe rich environment such as a landfill.
They do not require high oxygen or temperature to biodegrade such as in a commercial compost.
Achieve the same sampling integrity as non-biodegradable liners but more sustainably!
Soil liners once used, are normally discarded having served their purpose. However this adds to our plastic disposal problem.
In Australia alone over 1.5 million tons of plastic waste is disposed of each year, approximately 30 million tons in the USA, and about 5 million tons in the UK. Unfortunately
most of this goes to landfill with only a small percentage being recycled. This is unsustainable, and the problem will only get worse unless we change our consumer habits.
Only the BioLinerTM can help you achieve sustainable soil sampling.
*Biodegradation has been verified by independent laboratory using ASTM D5511 for anaerobic landfill conditions.
- Available to suit Geoprobe® Macro-Core® and Dual Tube DT22, DT32 & DT45 sampling systems
- Core Catchers available to suit MC5 and DT325 systems
- Also available to suit the AMS Power probe 1.5” (37.5mm) sampling systems
- Made from clear PVC to allow quick and easy visualisation of the captured soil samples
- BioLiners are as tough as conventional liners, but will not be around in 300 years time or more (like a regular liner). BioLiners that are discarded to a landfill, will biodegrade to form humus (plant food). Estimated to take around 5 years in a typical landfill**Biodegradation has been verified by independent laboratory using ASTM D5511 for anaerobic landfill conditions.
||BioLiner, DT325, 1.5m, 45 liners per box
||BioLiner, DT325, 1.2m, 45 liners per box
||BioLiner, MC5, 1.5m, 66 liners per box
||BioLiner, MC5, 1.2m, 66 liners per box
||BioLiner, DT45, 1.2m, 18 liners per box, 76mm ID
||BioLiner, DT45, 1.5m, 18 liners per box, 76mm ID
||BioLiner, AMS type, 38mm, 1.5m, 48 liners per box
||*Core catchers sold separately
||BioLiner, Biodegradable Liner DT22, 1.2 m, with core catchers, Box of 64