Is sampling groundwater responsibly important to your business? …then switch to ‘BioTubing’. Our landfill-biodegradable tubing helps minimise plastic waste build-up in our landfills.
BioTubing is made from landfill-biodegradable* LDPE (low density polyethylene) or HDPE (high density polyethylene), and will only start to biodegrade once in a microbe rich environment such as a landfill. It does not require high oxygen or temperature to biodegrade such as in a commercial compost. BioTubing enables you to achieve high sampling integrity plus operate more sustainably.
Bonded Tubing for Low-Flow Sampling
Our bonded tubing has the 1/4″ and 3/8″ tubes bonded together with a thin bridge and conveniently packaged on a 100m spool. The air and water lines have been bonded during the extrusion (manufacturing) process, and can be separated easily in the field to connect to a pump and controller fittings. It is recommended to scrape the bonding bridge clean with a knife to ensure a perfect seal. Many people prefer using bonded tubing as it can simplify pump deplyment and handling, and it can reduce the possibility of getting pumps stuck.
The easiest way to manage your bonded tubing during pump depolyment, sampling, and storage, is by using the Rapid Reel tubing dispenser.
Our BioTubing has been independently tested for any leaching of 58 VOCs and 101 SVOCs. The VOCs were tested using USEPA 8260B process and the semi VOCs via USEPA 8270.
After tumbling for 18 hours the tubing showed ‘non detect’ on all the compounds analysed for. These compounds included Phthalates and PAHs. Data available on request.
Waste Plastic Facts
- In Australia alone over 1.5 million tons of plastic waste is disposed of each year, approximately 30 million tons in the USA, and about 5 million tons in the UK
- Unfortunately most of this goes to landfill with only a small percentage being recycled
- The use of plastic in western Europe and Australia is growing by about 4% each year
- Plastic can take up to 500 years to decompose
- Nearly every piece of plastic ever made still exists today
- By using BioTubing and other landfill-biodegradable products you are helping to reduce the amount of plastic waste build-up in our landfills
*Biodegradation has been verified by independent laboratory using ASTM D5511 for anaerobic landfill conditions.
Independent laboratory testing confirms that our BioTubing is PFC/PFAS-free, based on analysis for 28 different PFCs at extremely low detection limits.
For sampling on PFAS sites HDPE tubing is often prefered. HDPE tubing is available in 1/4″, 3/8″, and 5/8″ OD sizes.
Click the ‘Ordering Information’ tab to see all available options for BioTubing.